Another excellent magazine I picked up recently. The original environmental magazine subtitled "Rethinking Basic Assumptions". Very impressive editorial board, high production values, good punchy articles. For example, the October issues has a two page spread explaining why you should think twice about buying cut flowers again:
- Cash Crop Impacts - moving people off their land and causing food shortages
- Pesticide Abuse - there is no regulations governing the use of pesticides on flowers
- Poisoned Labourers - protection from pesticides not provided
- Water Waste - flowers get water when farms and people don't
- Workers Rights Abused - child labour, slave wages, etc
- Flower Miles - creating vast quantities of carbon dioxide emissions
Many other articles (like why your shampoo could be deadly!). It's worth picking up a copy if you can find it.