Wednesday 19 November 2003

UK Trades

So in the UK, a brick layer is a Brickie and a carpenter is called a Chippy. I haven't heard of names for other trades peoples but I guess an electrician should be called a Sparky? Maybe a plumber should be Splashy? Or just Pipes? Could call someone who digs Mucky. No idea what you could nickname a Plasterer. Slappy?

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for a nickname for a plumber myself. An electrician is indeed a Sparky and I believe a plasterer is a 'Spread'or 'Spreader'.